Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm Back!!!!!!!!!

Why hello again and Happy New Year! It is 2008 now and it is time to began again fresh.
Well, on January 7th and 8th I had auditions for Shakespeare's Greatest Hits. We are doing Richard III and Much Ado about Nothing this year. After much painful waiting, the cast list came out and I was given the part of Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing!!!!!! I'm so excited! The first rehearsal is today so it should be fun.

On a different note, God has really been encouraging me this week. I've been feeling kind of discouraged about my life and what I'm going to do with it...and if my business will ever get off the ground. I'm tired of people telling me I should go to college instead of just accepting my decision to take a year off and try and start a business. But God has been showing me that He is working through me despite my doubts. I realized yesterday after looking at my blog adress (beautyofgrace316) that my birthday( 3/16) is the same chapter and verse of one of the greatest passages in the Bible, John 3:16.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life.

Funny, I've been living for 18 years and never noticed that my birthday coincided with the verse. And around the same time God shows me this I am praying to Him to make me feel like He loves me. God is amazing.
Another incident occured a couple weeks ago when I was in bed and pleading for God to show me in an unmistakeable way that He loved me. I felt prompted to open my cell phone, and when I did, I saw my banner which said "God Loves You". I'll admit, at the time, I was doubtful as to whether it was really God or just my own mind playing tricks on me. But when I was explaining the incident to my mom, it suddenly sounded so stupid that it could have come from anything else but God Himself. It is so encouraging to know that God is still working in me even if I don't feel He is all the time. It is all based on His works, not mine.

welp, I've got to leave for rehearsal at 2:45 and I need to vacuum, clean my dog's poo off the backyard, fix my hair, do my makeup, and eat lunch before I go. I know. It seems as if I have lots of time. But time goes by fast these days. I can't wait till I'm in Heaven and time is not an object.

---cort

No comments: